LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former CNN speak present host Larry King has been hospitalized with COVID-19 for greater than per week, the information channel reported Saturday.
Citing an unidentified particular person near the household, CNN stated the 87-year-old King is present process remedy at Cedars-Sinai Medical Heart in Los Angeles.
Hospital protocols have saved King’s members of the family from visiting him.
The Peabody Award-winning broadcaster was amongst America’s most distinguished interviewers of celebrities, presidents and different newsmakers throughout a half-century profession that included 25 years with a nightly present on CNN.
He has had medical points in latest a long time, together with coronary heart assaults and diagnoses of diabetes and lung most cancers.
Final yr, King misplaced two of his 5 youngsters inside weeks of one another. Son Andy King died of a coronary heart assault at 65 in August, and daughter Chaia King died from lung most cancers at 51 in July, Larry King stated then in a press release.
Extra health care and Big Pharma coverage from Fortune:
- The COVID-19 vaccine rollout is dangerously flawed. Science and data could fix it
- These Asian international locations have masterfully restricted COVID outbreaks. Right here’s how they did it
- COVID vaccine recipients may still be infectious. When will we all know for positive?
- COVID vaccine allergies are elevating issues. Most People ought to nonetheless get their photographs
- What to learn about the CDC’s new COVID vaccine guidance for folks with well being situations